Well I have no card to show you today but I wanted to share with you all something that caused a bit of curiosity when I posted it on my Facebook page!
It was my youngest son's 4th birthday a few weeks ago and we shared the celebration with some friends who have moved here from Alabama in the USA. Their son had just turned 2 so we headed out to Haughton Park, Alford for the day. Now my sweet friend, Blair, offered to make the cake.
This is us trying to light the candles...it was a tad windy!
I think it is one of the best cakes I have ever seen!
- beacuse it was so realistic
- because it was so simple to make
- It was soooo tasty :)
So I am going to share the recipe here with those of you who are interested.
- 50 g butter, softened
- 224 g cream cheese, softened
- 60 g confectioners' sugar
- 196 g instant custard
- 830 ml milk
- 336 g whipping cream
- 905 g Oreo Biscuits
- packet of jelly worms, snakes or bugs!
- Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
- In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
- Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Hide jelly worms int he cake leaving out a part of it so it can be seen.
- Chill and serve!
If you are still with me I just want to give you a heads up...I will be doing a demo day at Simply Create on Sat 5th June from 10:30 until 3:30pm. I will be sharing a few tips and techniques on using prismacolor pencils and prismacolor pens.
So if you are free that day I would love to see you! Please do pop in and say Hi and introduce yourself. I love putting faces to blogs!